Lavender essential oil is considered the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils, and for good reason. It is one of the most well-researched and versatile essential oils with vast benefits and numerous properties. It has been used traditionally for its healing and relaxing properties. One of its most well-known uses is for burns, but it is also useful for stress management, relaxation, painful menstruation, and more. So what benefits has science revealed about this remarkable essential oil? Let’s explore the top five scientifically proven benefits of lavender essential oil.
- Relieves anxiety. Several clinical studies demonstrate that oral administration of lavender essential oil significantly reduces anxiety.
- Improves emotional balance and relieves depression. Clinical research shows that oral and topical administration of lavender essential oil positively modulates mood and reduces depressive symptoms.
- Alleviates pain. Inhalation or topical application of lavender essential oil alleviates painful conditions according to clinical evidence.
- Improves sleep quality. Inhalation of lavender essential oil increases deep sleep and reduces mild insomnia in humans.
- Kills cancer. Laboratory research suggests that lavender essential oil kills breast, metastatic prostate, lymphoblastic leukemia, lung (large cell), and colorectal cancer cells.